Thursday, March 19, 2015

Brackets and Shamrocks

        It is truly March madness this week for me. 

        Even though I have never been great at playing sports, I love watching them.  I love baseball, football, basketball, you name it. The annual NCAA college basketball tournament started this week. I usually fill out my bracket to follow the teams and make my picks for who I think will win, but this week I have been so busy I haven't really been able to focus on brackets- but have been able to catch a few minutes of the games in progress. It is always exciting to watch the games. Do any of you out there watch the tourney? Who are you rooting for? I know my fiancé Bobby is rooting for The Kentucky Wildcats!

         Not only are the games on, but the day before yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. I am a small part Irish, but unlike most people, I did not celebrate it by drinking. St. Patrick was actually not Irish, but spread God's word to the people of Ireland 1500 years ago. He used the simple shamrock- a 3-leafed clover- to show people the truth of the Holy Trinity that Christians believe in. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and The Holy Spirit. What a simple yet powerful way to share the Gospel. I am currently in a small group on Wednesday night at my fantastic church- Portland Christian Center in Portland, Oregon, that is doing a powerful study on discipleship. I have always been great at repeating the stories from the Bible- Adam and Eve, Daniel and The Lions Den, The Birth of Jesus, etc.- but have always been scared to truly share my faith with others. I think most Christians who haven't been mentored in this area are hesitant to answer questions because we don't feel smart enough or even worthy enough. If St. Patrick can use such a simple way to share God's love with others- why can't we do the same? I have been challenged this week to be intentional about talking to people I might not normal begin a conversation with in hope that one day God can open the door for me to be able to share God's Word with them. I encourage everyone to do the same!




I hope everyone is having a great week!

Blessings, 
Robbyn


2 comments:

  1. Very good info on the Shamrock. I never knew this stuff. Great job. Keep posting stuff like this on your new blog. I love learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the encouragement you always give me.

      Delete